Applications are open for the SAAB Scholarship funded by the South African Association of Botanists in South Africa.
The grant is open to the applicants who are graduated with a minimum overall average of 70% and study at a tertiary institution in South Africa.
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students each year.
There will be 3 scholarships awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
- Applications Deadline: February 27, 2019.
- Course Level: The grant is open for studies at the Honours level (or 4th year) and MSc studies.
- Study Subject: The sponsorship will be awarded in the field of botanically-related science.
- Award: the applicants will receive:
- There will be 3 scholarships awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
- There will also be 1 Awarded, to the value of R40 000 for MSc studies.
- Nationality: Resident in one of the SADC countries: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: There are three scholarships available.
- The award can be taken in South Africa.
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to students from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently, a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc honors degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
Students who meet the requirements and would like to apply must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- The motivational letter was written by yourself with a description of your proposed honours/4th-year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your honours/4th-year project supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to SAABsecretary@gmail.com
(Insert the words “SAAB Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Note: Ensure that your documents are in .pdf format